established a reuse scheme with Precycle, a local recycling company which is
available at the both Household Recycling Centres.
Precycle specialise in collecting items that are sold for reuse either in this country, or more usually, abroad.
What items can you bring for the re-use?
- Books, CDs, DVDs and Computer games (books must be dry, CDs and computer games in working condition)
- China, glassware & ornaments (unbroken and wrapped to prevent breakages)
- Small Electrical Appliances e.g. kettles, toasters, foot spas, irons, hairdryers, hair straighteners, power tools, CD and DVD players, electric whisks, juicers, bread makers, coffee makers, sandwich makers etc
- Kitchenware (plastic, metal and ceramic) e.g. kitchen utensils, pots and pans, cutlery, plates and bowls, glasses, cups and mugs, tin openers. Must be wrapped to prevent breakages if ceramic or glass.
- Other reusable, unbroken or unused items e.g. small plastic toys in working condition, unused cosmetics, costume jewellery
What items are not suitable for the re-use?
- Magazines, tapes, videos and vinyl records, picture frames and paintings, TVs or monitors, larger items, damaged or broken items