Glass Recycling Campaign
Would you like the chance to win up to £1000 for your school, local charity or community group?
Help to recycle more glass and jars at re3 bring banks and your group will be entered into a prize draw. There's individual group prizes of up to £1000 to be won, with 5 winners for each of the re3 council areas – Bracknell Forest, Reading and Wokingham.
By depositing more glass bottles and jars at re3 bring banks, you'll not only be recycling better, protecting the environment and helping cut waste costs, but your nominated group could also be a lucky winner in our draw for 15 cash prizes. The more glass taken to bring banks, the bigger the prizes, up to a value of £1000 each.
Entering is easy, simply fill out the short form here. In return, we’ll ask your group to make a commitment to glass recycling and to keep up the good work during the 12 months of the campaign.
- Make a day of it - Organise a trip to take glass to one of the bring banks located in a re3 area green space or recreation ground, and have a picnic or a visit to the play park afterwards
- No need to ‘clink’ – Encourage members of your group to recycle glass as part of their daily routine. If they pass a bring bank on the way to work or school, they can recycle one bottle at a time. It all adds up
- Make a glass drop part of your weekly shop – Many bring banks are located outside supermarkets
- Having a fundraising event? – Don’t forget to take those empty wine and beer bottles - or those sauce and jam jars – to a re3 bring bank after your community barbecue, fair or quiz night
- Tell others – Write about bring bank glass recycling in your community newsletter, give a school assembly or mention it in your blog or website
- Start trending – Share that you are taking part in the re3 Glass Recycling Community Fund Prize Draw on social media. Don’t forget to snap some photos or film a short clip and use the #alottabottle hashtag
- Do it right – Make sure everyone knows that only glass bottles and jars can be recycled at bring banks. Other glass, like vases, mirrors or kitchenware, melt at different temperatures and should be brought to a re3 recycling centre
- Pass it on –All sorts of glass bottles and jars can be taken to a re3 bring bank including glass containers for soy and cooking sauces, herbs and spices, jams and chutneys, vinegars, oils and dressings, chocolate spread and peanut butter, alcoholic and soft drinks, olives and pickles …see what you can find in your kitchen!
- And you can keep the cap on as we’ll also recycle the metal tops and caps
Terms and conditions are available here.
The application form is available here.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube by searching for re3 recycling.