Co-mingled with food
- Removes malodorous waste from wheeled bins allowing reduced frequency for residual waste collections.
- Increases recycling and composting rate.
- Reduces landfill costs.
- Largest remaining fraction of residual waste after dry recycling is removed.
- Energy production from waste product.
- Produces liquid fertilizer to be used on farm.
- Provision of compostable liners (Council or residents).
- Current treatment methods and existing contract for residual waste.
- Cost of container purchase for internal and external caddies.
- Communication costs.
- Council resources to implement, monitor and deliver the scheme successfully.
- Local facilities for AD or associated transport costs.