FCC Environment wants to be “the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future”.
We will ensure through our leadership and commitment that our staff are competent in performing their duties and tasks in a correct, safe and environmentally friendly way and that our places of work are healthy and safe environments for our staff, visitors and all other stakeholders.
We are committed to making our working practices prevent pollution, increase energy efficiency, and conserve the environment on local, regional and potentially global scales, and that these working practices are reviewed and audited to maintain compliance to ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 & ISO50001 and all relevant health & safety, environment and energy legislation. We endeavour to procure, wherever practicably possible, energy-efficient products and services, and design for energy performance improvement.
We are committed to making our services and products meet and, wherever possible, exceed the expectations of our customers, and that we promote our culture of continual improvements and the philosophy of getting things “right first time”.
Objectives shall be set annually to measure our progress of continuous improvement in meeting our commitments and we will ensure the availability of information and of necessary resources to achieve them. The FCC Environment objectives for 2016 are:
Health & Safety Objectives
- 10% reduction to the Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate from the previous year’s target.
- 10% reduction in Days Lost to Injury from the previous year’s target.
- 5% reduction in permit breaches from the previous year’s target.
- 1% overall reduction in energy usage per tonne processed within FCC from the previous year’s target.
- Overdue Major Non-conformance Reports shall be zero.
- The Integrated Management System Internal Audit score after the first revisit shall be no less than 95%:
These objectives will be measured, monitored and progressed within the Management Meetings and reported, together with management actions required, within the FCC Environment Objectives and Target Report for each Division and Region.
Quarterly updates of these reports from each Divisional / Regional Management Meeting will be posted on the H&S Notice Board of each FCC Environment site, and made available to all staff and other stakeholders alike.