FCC is keen to explore opportunities with the Council to develop a commercial waste service, providing businesses with a cost-effective, easy to use recycling-led service. As waste disposal costs have continued to rise, we believe there is an opportunity to offer enhanced services in the area, given the competitor services that currently exist.
Everything FCC does is designed to simplify waste management. As well as scheduled collections, we offer a wide range of waste services and solutions designed to save businesses time and money.
We will offer a comprehensive Commercial Waste Service.
FCC’s Business Waste Solutions’ team and facilities will be based locally, so we’re always on hand to help. You’ll never find us using national call centres. If there’s a problem or customers would like to review their service options, they can deal directly with the same dedicated, local team that manages the commercial collections.
FCC also takes responsibility for all record keeping and compliance. With our help, customers are able to meet all legal obligations for the safe and effective management of waste. Our flexible payment terms and competitive prices means customers won’t need to worry about waste management affecting their bottom line.
FCC’s Commitment sets out in plain English principles which underlie a business recycling and waste service. It offers the opportunity to demonstrate to customers our commitment to:
- Make recycling easy;
- Providing value for money;
- Consulting on and clearly communicating services; and
- Reducing waste to landfill.
The principles are about:
- Reliable and regular collections;
- Collection services tailored to meet the needs of customers;
- Clear information about recycling services;
- Contracts managed by following the principles of best practice;
- Reasonable and clear fees;
- Guidance for businesses on responsibilities for waste management;
- Providing a directory of local waste and recycling services;
- Helping businesses to donate unwanted items for reuse or buying quality second-hand products;
- Providing easy ways to gather feedback; and
- A commitment to continuous improvement.
We collect a full and comprehensive range of recyclable materials, which include the following:
- Paper (all grades);
- Glass (mixed and colour seperated);
- Plastics (various grades);
- Aluminium and steel cans;
- Mixed Recycling (in bags and wheeled bins);
- Food waste;
- Office recyclables (batteries, printer cartridges, mobile phones etc.);
- Confidential waste for destruction (including paper, CDs, hard drives etc.).
- Residual waste skip service;
- Secure product destruction;
- Residual waste container (a range of sizes from 240 litre bins to 1,280 bins) or a prepaid sack collection;
- Hazardous Waste Collection; and
- Clinical waste collection.
In addition to recycling, any remaining general waste is also collected to provide a complete one-stop service. Where suitable facilities exist locally, general waste is sent for treatment rather than landfill.
The service is constantly being developed, for example food waste collections are now provided to hotels, schools and other premises. Bulky waste items such as office furniture are sent for re-use. Confidential waste is collected in secure vehicles by operatives who have been CRB checked before being taken directly for secure destruction and recycling. We are trusted by police authorities, solicitors and insurance companies to collect and destroy their confidential waste.